Sunday, October 26, 2008

50,000 what?

By October 2005 we have been pretty much without income for 6 months. Then the LORD had told me to start printing cards for Edify Daily. I was pretty weak at the time. The LORD was saying to REST but I had no idea what it really meant to rest or TRUST the LORD much. I thought I did.

As I went to bed, I was praying myself to sleep and the Lord said 50,000. It was really random. 50,000 what? What does that mean? 50,000 note cards maybe? Wow, that’s a lot. I just said OK Lord, what every You want to do. I trust you with that.

In the morning I got up early and was sitting in my living room in front of the fire place reading the Word of God. I would, read and pray and read and pray and all the sudden one million comes to my mind. It was real random like the night before. What is that all about? Did I eat to much pizza? Am I making up numbers in my mind or what?

Now originally the sets of Edify Daily cards would be packaged 20 in each set. As I am asking the LORD what this million and 50,000 was all about I then realized that if there we 50,000 people sending 20 cards a month and that would be one million note cards going out each month. OH MY GOSH! That freaked me out. I think because I was so weak, I just started crying and said “I can’t do this LORD”. It just totally overwhelmed me. I called my friend Ryan Sugai and asked if we could meet and pray through something the LORD was showing.

We met a little while later for about 3 hours and just prayed and worshiped and talked it through. Ryan helped get me into a “GOD PERSPECTIVE". First off he made it clear that it was not about me. Second he was like, that is just 1000 people per state or the OSU stadium not even all the way full. This is God doing it not you Lionel. Oh yeah, I felt much better. Before I left Ryan had a CD he told me I needed to listen to. I will load it later but it was a prophetic word from Steve Fish and it had the name “Revelation of Gods Love”. Wow, it rocked my world. I felt he was speaking directly to me. I settled in to what I believed God was telling me and what He planned to accomplish.

I had realized this (Edify Daily) was to start in the United States. So the bottom line was that some how, I had no idea how, but that God was going to have 50,000 people raise up to pray daily for others and send a note card to them on a daily basis. During the next seven days I became ok with this. On the seventh day the LORD spoke to me again and said “phase one”, then He said “ to the nations”. It was funny how the LORD had worked in my heart over the past week. When I heard that I just said, “ok LORD”.

No comments:

Post a Comment